© 2017 -
Here at The Beauty Lounge I use the highest quality wax, Perron Rigot, for my waxing services but to there are things you can do at home to ensure you are getting the best results.
Please follow the guidelines below to ensure your skin is cared for properly over the next few days.
Please note: some slight soreness, small bumps and redness are common and perfectly
normal temporary reactions, particularly if this is your first wax. These symptoms
should subside over the next 24-
Keep the waxed area clean, and avoid heat and friction during the next 24-
• No hot baths or showers (cool to lukewarm water only).• No saunas, hot tubs or steam treatments.• No tanning (sunbathing, sun beds or fake tans).
• No sport, gym work or other exercise.
• Avoid scratching or touching the treated area with unwashed hands.
• Wear clean, loose fitting clothes.
• Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools.
• Do not apply deodorants, body sprays, powders, lotions or other products to the area, other than those recommended by your therapist.
• To soothe and protect the skin, apply an antiseptic cream to the waxed area regularly
for 3 days following your treatment. Always wash your hands before applying any product.To
prevent ingrown hairs: starting a few days after your appointment,gently scrub the
skin 3 times a week in the bath or shower using a loofah or exfoliating mitt. Also
moisturise the area every day, which will keep the skin supple and help new hairs
to grow through normally.You may notice a small amount of re-
• Do not use any other hair removal method such as shaving, depilatory creams etc, these will all interfere with the hairs growth cycle and will mean you are not getting the best wax you could.